Wood N Heart

We love woodworking and it shows!

Friday, December 02, 2005

Lemon bottle stoppers.

A customer asked for bottle stoppers to use with bottles of lemon liquor he makes and gives to friends. I suggested lemon shaped stoppers dyed yellow. This is what I came up with. About 1 3/4" tall and 1 1/4" wide. The picture doesn’t show the little dimple in the top to simulate the stem scar. Turned from pear and dyed with Homestead lemon yellow(of all things) alcohol dye. Finished with several light coats of Deft gloss lacquer. This what I came up with.


Today I received a message from the customer along with a picture of a stopper in a bottle.

Hello Dave,

The stoppers arrived with today's mail. I am EXTREMELY pleased with them. They are exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you very much. Nice job.
I've attached a photo of a stopper in a bottle.

John P.


Thanks John that sure made my day.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I found your stoppers today and was wondering what you charge for the lemon ones? How would I go about ordering some?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home